Tuesday, December 30, 2008

So happy... achooo...

I had quite an interesting Christmas. The family party was fantastic... if you look past the fact that I was starving and someone ate the last of the green bean casserole. Plus my brother fixed huge plates for the 8+ children, leaving the adults with tiny little portions. But all in all, it was a fun time! The lime decided to take the kids and grandparents on an extensive Christmas Light tour, although he was told to take them two miles up the road to see Rhema and bring them home immediately. While the kiddos and grandparents were gone, we enjoyed the beverages! In fact, we continued to enjoy them in the limo and at the bar! My niece decided to lay a little challenge out there by stating she "could not get drunk in Oklahoma." Poor thing got to see what she drank as she prayed to the porcelain god all night LOL... well, you're only 21 once!!

My gift from Larry was Shaun White Snowboarding for Wii. AWESOME. LOVE IT. He did well! Plus, that's what I asked for, so good boyfriend!

Christmas with the aunts was about the same- uncomfortable drive to Edmond (squished in the backseat with my knees up my nose trying not to disrupt the gifts next to me). The funniest gift of the year was from my cousin and his wife... are you ready for this... chips and salsa. It's a good thing I like chips and salsa, but I kinda feel like they forgot about me and plundered their cupboards for a last minute gift. I would have enjoyed a family pic or even coloring pages from their kids... it was still kinda funny. I ended up getting sick while I was visiting- weak and just plain tired. So I slept the entire way home. Thank goodness there was much more room on the way back.

Since Christmas day, my sickness has progressed. But I'm feeling better now- which is good since I'm not allowing myself to be sick for New Year's Eve at the Pino's. YAY! Plus, I get to spend more time with Larry~ smiles all around!!

Have a safe New Year's!!

Julz

1 comment: